Friday, May 15, 2009

Coming up with Short Story Ideas: Redux



Or: What's with the 'Story Ideas»' tag?

In the original short story ideas post» I talked about my writing group and eventually shared some links I use to find inspiration. Oddly enough it's one of my most popular posts.

A number of the visitors to And The Chain have gone to google and searched for "Story Ideas". I know their story, and I feel for them because it's my story too. They sit in front of the computer, waiting for their muse to appear, awakening the little god within that can create worlds, characters and stories. And all that while still keeping his weekends free.

But eventually comes a day when the muse doesn't appear, and then their fingers tap out 'Story Ideas' into the search box. Perhaps in despair, or frustration, or perhaps just to see what happens.

More Below/Beyond the Link...


Many of them read that post on my writing group and short stoy ideas, and maybe it has value for them, but few ever go on to explore this blog. That original post on coming up with Short Story Ideas was the first one to receive the Story Ideas» Tag. But now it shows up all over the place on this blog. Once the tag existed, it seems I couldn't stop using it. And I want people to use it as well. In fact I'm adding a link to the original article specifically to encourage people to use it.

When I throw the tag on an article it's because I see an idea there, maybe for me, maybe for someone else. It may not be highlighted with arrows, but it's there for those that are looking.

This blog is about ideas, finding them, developing them, and sharing them. So use the Story Ideas Tag and if anything inspires you, let me know.


No comments: