Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summertime and I'm living easy



I've been off the blog for a while now.

Lot of reasons: Family Wedding, Mother's Knee Surgery, general summer slackness, xbox360, etc.

However I'm back. Mostly. I suspect some would question just how present I ever really was.

Some updates on my world:

The writing group has been a great way to study people, not so much in the writing area. I'm ambitious, and still hopeful, so it's not fully dead, but in dire need of revivification.

My computer hasn't locked up recently, principally because I'm using a new (actually used/old) laptop with a decent install of linux(xubuntu) on it. Of course this has it own set of challenges, principally in data migration.

It's frigging hot here. Not much in the way of story ideas are being generated by the heat, but it's great for reading. I'm dancing through the Dunes and pushing upstream in Riverworld.

No comments: